McCusker Charitable Foundation
Welcome to the McCusker Charitable Foundation
The McCusker Charitable Foundation was established for charitable purposes aimed at improving health and education, with particular emphasis on Western Australia.
Over the past years the McCusker family has donated more than $20,000,000 to a wide variety of charitable projects and not for profit bodies. The family also financed the construction of the Lady McCusker Home (www.amanaliving.com.au).
A few examples of organisations that have received support from the McCusker Charitable Foundation are:
- The McCusker Foundation for Alzheimer’s Disease Research – funding world class research into the prevention and cure of Alzheimer’s disease (www.alzheimers.com.au).
- The Western Australian Institute for Medical Research (www.waimr.uwa.edu.au).
- The University of Western Australia Graduate School of Management (www.business.uwa.edu.au).
- Rotary WA Cord Blood Bank (www.rotarywacordblood.org.au).
- Silver Chain Services (www.silverchain.org.au).
- Parkerville Children and Youth Care – Child Advocacy Centre: for children who have been impacted by trauma, abuse and family breakdown (www.parkerville.org.au).
- Redkite – supporting children and their families touched by cancer (www.redkite.org.au).
- Ear Science Institute of Australia: Dedicated to the research and treatment of ear and hearing disorders (www.earscience.org.au).
- Institute for Immunology and Infectious Diseases - Murdoch University: preventing and reducing the impact of diseases worldwide and advancing medical and scientific knowledge (www.genesiis.murdoch.edu.au/institute.html ).
- West Australian Opera, West Australian Ballet, West Australian Symphony Orchestra.
Sunday, 24 Nov 13
Hi Everyone. It has been a super busy year for the McCusker Trustees and we are taking a break to consolidate our Foundation's operations. Consequently we will not be accepting any applications for funding until February 2014. Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and a fun filled exciting New Year.
» Read More
Thursday, 21 Mar 13
Malcolm and Tonya meet with researchers from Murdoch University for an update on their research progress
» Read More
Tuesday, 05 Feb 13
If you are 12 years or under, and involved in some great giving projects, why not check out the new Kids Who Give WA program at www.kidswhogivewa.com.au.
» Read More